Well, boy howdy, and whadda ya know? It is MarytheKay's 100th Post--yippie kai-yay, little doggies. Git yer cowboy hats on and yer dancing boots, too--cause there's gonna be a little celebration here today! Yee Haw!
No, I have absolutely no idea why this is suddenly a Cowgirl kind of blog. That's the thing about this blog--you never know what you're going to get each time you clickity click. I like to think that is part of my mysterious allure... But, in reality, I never know what character or voice is going to pop into my brain. I just try to go with the flow, and not upset the muses too much. (HA! I am giggling at myself right now. Mysterious allure, muses??? The only alluring muse I have is perhaps my Coca Cola and whatever snack is sitting on the table beside me. Tonight, it's sort-of stale popcorn, which was popped about 4 hours ago.)
Oh, but back to the 100th Post Celebration!!! About 3 1/2 months ago, I decided that turning 40 was a time to make some positive changes and reach for a dream. That dream was writing more...in the form of this blog! I really want to celebrate today because I am LOVING the practice of daily writing. The best part of the writing has been the community I have found here. It just blesses my little heart to receive a comment from you! Or, just to see that someone has even read my little blog. Thank you. Really.
To commemorate this 100th post, I would love to host my first-ever giveaway! Now, don't get your hopes up--I am no Pioneer Woman. There won't be anything in my giveaway starting with the little letter "i." Remember, this is MarytheKay, who does things nifty-thrifty and on a budget. As a way to celebrate some of my favorite posts, I thought it would be fun to give away some of the "Favorite Things" I have written about. Okay, and also it's a shameless way to nudge you to read some of those posts, in case you haven't. (Trying to keep it real here!)
Disclaimer for you mathematically-minded people who can actually count: I just realized that my blog "higher powers" count each post that I write and save...I have a couple saved, which have not been published, that I think are in that "100" count. If I were so inclined, I could go and physically count all of my published posts, to see if this is correct, and then plan which is the actual date to celebrate. But, it's only a couple of days' difference--so who cares, right? Who wants to count to 100, right? LET'S PARTY instead!!
Enough talkie talk, here's the loot!!!
BEHOLD!!! MarytheKay's Favorite Things!
1. Collapsible Mesh Laundry Basket - That little blue and white beauty in the background is from my post Ahhh! Organized Travel Tips
2. Non-Slip Shelf Liner - That tan rolled up bunch of goodness is from ARGH! Transporting Food with Dignity
3. Oh yes, mam, that is OPI Nail Polish! - (An Affair in Red Square, if you must know) If you want to see my ugly toes, you have to click on Favorite Things: Pretty Summer Toes
4. The Exquisite Glass Jar - The one so many of you have asked about is described in loving detail in Wal-Mart Love: Cool and Creative Teacher Gifts
5. The Red Canning Funnel - From the post that skyrocketed my brother-in-law to instant fame (or was it the other way around?) How to Make Killer Salsa
6. The Cat in the Hat Step Into Reading Book - From 3 Tricks to Help Your Child Learn to Read
7. The Pack of Cellophane Bags - I have used them in several posts, but most recently gushed about them in Sonic Happies: Creative and Thoughtful Gifts
8. Haribo Gold-Bears Gummi Bears - Oh, it will be hard to part with these little sweeties. You'll find out why in Happy Tuesday
9. Quaker Peanut Butter Chewy Dips - Okay, so I haven't written about them yet...but I should have. Just keeping ya on your toes. Eating one is like eating a pure delicious candy bar--only healthy. It is healthy, right? Please say yes.
10-13 All wrapped up in the pretty yellow tissue and cellophane bag? Well, my dearies, those are the SURPRISE BONUS! gifts that are 4 new Favorite Thingsthat I have yet to write about!!! After a winner is picked, I will reveal those 4 items in a Favorite Things post! Want a teensy tiny hint? Cause I'm not good at keeping gifts secret...2 of the items are from the Health and Beauty aisles, tra la la!!!
Want to see everything all packed up in the mesh basket? Oh, how I love these baskets...
Okay, DETAILS--you want details?
This giveaway contest will end Friday, May 28th at 8pm, Pacific Time. At that time, the comments will close. I mean--feel free to continue signing up as a Follower...*grin*...but, you can't enter the giveaway...*frown*
Here's how to enter: (1) Sign up as a "Follower" over on the right-hand column. (2) Then, leave a comment telling me you signed up! If you're already a Follower (and thank you very much!) leave a comment telling me this.
UPDATE: Time's up! Thank you SO MUCH for those that participated!! Come back Monday morning to find out the WINNER of my Favorite Things!!! Happy Weekend, Ya'll!
From those comments, I will use a random generator, and will announce the winner on Monday morning--in honor of Memorial Day!
In case the FTC or the BBB or the IBC are monitoring my blog...I should disclose that all of these products are purchased from my very own hard-earned cash. My husband would tell you it's his cash, but since this is my blog he doesn't get a say.
So, clickity click--and good luck to you!!!
Linked up with:
The Boardwalk Bragfest at Bobbypins Boardwalk
Works For Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Woo Hoo Wednesday at Always Nesting
Penny Pinching Party at The Thrifty Home
Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple
Show off Your Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans
Giveaway Link Up at Extreme Personal Measures
I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom