If you've been around me lately, you have probably heard me say, "Man, I am really craving peppermint! I must have a peppermint deficiency...My body is telling me to Eat. More. Peppermint!!!"
No, no, no, and a really big NOOOO. I am not pregnant. Goodness gracious, people. I am just in the Christmas-y spirit in my craving of peppermint.
Or some strange mineral deficiency that can only be cured by eating peppermint...
I thought it would be fun to share with you my 8 Favorite Peppermint Products! Why 8? Well, because those are my favorites. You wouldn't want me to be dishonest, just so I could have a nice, even 10? Well...I thought about it...but I really couldn't think of 2 more things. So, there.
8, it is!
Here they are, in no certain order...
1) Bob's Sweet Stripes. Mmm, the soft peppermints that Bob makes are melt-in-your-mouth good! My parents keep these out in a little bowl all December long. Boy, do I love visiting that bowl!
3) Yes, this is SOAP. Burt's Bees Peppermint Shower Soap, to be exact. Please do not eat it. Even though it smells delicious! I have a bar of this in my shower right now. I love the way the peppermint smell wakes me up in the morning. Delightful!
4) My Uncle Bob first told me about Dr. Scholl's Foot Lotion. Let me make something clear, though. Uncle Bob did NOT recommend the girly "For Her" lotion. He just recommended the regular guy Dr. Scholl's, which also smells like peppermint. Either way, I keep this lotion in my nightstand, and put some on before bed. My feet give it 2 big toes up!
5) Let's have a moment of silence for peppermint bark, shall we? Yummy. I found this picture on Allrecipes.com, and plan to make the recipe sometime this month!
6) Nothing reminds me of childhood restaurant experiences with my family more than York Peppermint Patties. So many times I can remember watching my dad pay the check (at The Union Station!!), and grinning as he purchased 5 of the little foil-packaged mints...1 for each of us! Those were such treats. I would nibble mine in little bitty bites, making it last as long as possible. Thanks, Dad!
7) Mmm, I don't know if these Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses are new, or if I just discovered them this year in my season of peppermint deficiency... They are creamy, yummy, little bites of chocolate-peppermint delicious!
8) And, everybody's favorite--the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha. Why else would you just FEEL GOOD about plopping $5 down on the counter for a hot chocolate? But, something about the combination of the cheery red cup, the chocolate chip-dotted whipped cream, and that warm pepperminty first sip... That $5 is long-forgotten...
UPDATE ALERT!!! Frozen Chocolate Peppermint Pie??? Oh, yesssss. I do love a dessert that gives me fresh breath!
Now, PLEASE HELP ME in my peppermint deficiency!!!
Please tell me what YOUR favorite peppermint products are! Maybe I am missing out on something wonderful... Who knows? Maybe it will be JUST the thing to get my body out of this peppermint crisis.
Help me, Obi-Wan. You're my only hope.