Well, hello, ye lads and lassies! Gather 'round and sit right down. Once everyone quiets down, I'll share a wee recipe with ye.
(Don't worry...I have no idea what I am talking about, either. I have a lively imagination. Today, I feel happy pretending to be in Ireland. Why should you steal my wee bit of happiness today?)
I mentioned the other day that I had a YUMMY dessert recipe to share with you. And since I am true to my word, bird, share it I shall.
But, first, I must give credit to one of our favorite babysitters in our whole town. (Oh, quit your bellyaching--I said ONE of...I am SURE that you are included in the "one ofs." *wink, wink*) If you live in our town, and especially if you have small children, then surely you know of Jene'. Jene' is like a pied piper of children. To put it simply--she is adored. And when she comes to your summer camp just to visit your kids--AND she brings a pan full of these Indoor S'Mores, you will understand just WHY she is adored so much.
So, this is Jene's recipe. You can send all of your fan mail to her. And, believe me--when you make these--you will want to thank someone!
All right, I'll stop blabbing, and get to the point.
These are quick and easy to make! They just taste like summer ought to taste: S'Mores!
- 4 cups honey graham cereal (add more at the end)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup (Add a little less than this)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coat a 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray. Place cereal into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and corn syrup and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until melted. Remove from heat and pour cereal into chocolate mixture; stir well to coat. Pretend you are training for the Olympics, because it can be difficult to stir as the chocolate starts to set up. Throw about a cup of marshmallows in as chocolate starts to melt--so you have some gooey marhmallows mixed throughout. Also, I like to stire in 1-2 more cups of Honey Grahams at the end. Press into prepared pan. Cool completely before cutting into squares... Or cool just long enough that you can start eating without scalding your mouth.
- I don't get uptight about the measurements for this recipe. I add nearly the whole bag of marhmallows--saving a little to stir in at the end. I add nearly a full bag of chocolate chips--saving a little for me to eatat the end. I do add a little LESS of the corn syrup. I found that adding too much corn syrup made the chococlate set up too fast, and made my arm fall off when stirring. It was difficult to reattach.
Don't hate me when you have to wash the pan afterwards...Maybe soak it overnight, and wait until you've had a cup of coffee the next morning before facing it. And maybe eat another Indoor S'more just before washing the pan.
Hmm, maybe you should double the recipe...or press yours into a thinner layer. Nah, just make a double batch. This was the amount 1 batch made in my 9x13 pan.
And, THIS. This is the moment we've all been waiting on. If you like s'mores, and I would think you are communist if you do not, you will LOVE these Indoor S'mores. That's a money back guarantee, folks. Just tell Jene' you want your money back. She's an agreeable kind of girl.
Do you have a favorite quick and easy summer dessert?
Linked up with:
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family blog