I do love a good list. Don't you? I especially love reading my friend Carissa's Thursday 13, so I thought I'd see if I could get to 13 today. If not--don't you worry--I'll change the title...to Thursday 7 or Thursday 5. Or, heaven forbid, Thursday 27.
Let's just see how many I can come up with.
1. The weather. If I had a nickel for every time the words "gorgeous weather" have been in someone's Facebook update or Twitter feed the past couple of days, I'd be a bazillionaire.
2. Just for that fact alone, I have not commented on the weather on Facebook or Twitter. Cause I'm a rebel at heart.
3. However, IF I were to comment on the weather...I am sure I would say lovely things about it. I may even have to look up some pretty words in the Thesaurus just to do it justice.
4. But, since I am not going to comment on the weather, maybe we should just talk about politics. Because LOTS of people are commenting about that in the social media, too.
5. Nah. I'd rather talk about getting my teeth worked on. I am all for dental hygiene. Heck, I even floss my teeth a couple of times a week.
6. Look what took a nosedive off the wall this summer. Do you think I'm lazy that I still haven't hung the poor fella back up? Maybe it's a SIGN. Maybe the silly pheasant was trying to fly off our living room mantle...and into our garage, where all the other happy animal mounts live. What do you think?
8. I went to Fayetteville, AR, this weekend to spend time with my family. It just made my heart happy and content to be with my people. We all met in Fayetteville because my family is a little Razorback crazy--and if there is a football or basketball game being played, you can pretty much bet that someone in my family is there calling the Hogs.
9. If you are ever looking for a beautiful place to visit in the Fall, it would be Fayetteville, AR. But, don't worry about fixing your hair--dang, that place is windy. (That little tidbit of information is free of charge.) While you're in Fayetteville, enjoying the gorgeous Fall color and quaint shops, I promise you, you do not want to miss Rick's Bakery. Go for lunch, and sit in the cake decorating viewing room. You can thank me later--especially when they bring you a complimentary piece of the dessert of the day.
10. Well, I might as well tell you. I re-started the C25K program. I don't think there has ever been anyone in history who has taken as long as me to complete it. But, it's not about the journey, it's about the destination, right? Oh wait--maybe I have that backwards. Maybe it is about the journey... Frankly, I don't really care about either. Mostly, I just want to be able to drink Cokes and eat cupcakes. (See #9 above.) If a little 5K keeps me from wearing a dent in my couch, then so be it.
11. Speaking of dents in couches, I betcha I've had my couch longer than you've had yours. (Oh, I do love a contest.) I've had my couch so long that I am kind of getting a little prideful about it. Goodness, maybe I need to squelch that pride...and get a new couch...
12. Do your kids have too much stuff? Do you have too much stuff? Dang, I feel like I am always cleaning out my kids' toys and clothes, getting rid of it, selling it at a garage sale, donating it--and it just all piles up AGAIN. And again. Instead of writing this list, I SHOULD be in their rooms right this very minute, with a huge garbage sack tossing in junk. Junk those little sweeties will never miss.
13. Well, lookie here! Somebody made it to 13. I'm so glad I did. Thursday 12 just doesn't have the pleasant ring to it like 13 does. But, I want to make #13 meaningful, so I'll close with this: I am nearly (but not completely) ashamed to say--that I am really looking forward to all the Fall t.v. premieres. I can't wait for Parenthood, Survivor (the only show I can get my husband to watch with me), The Office, Modern Family (I know! Don't judge), and that social documentary I sometimes watch. What about you? What shows are you looking forward to?