In honor of Fall officially making her appearance this week, I thought it would be fun to talk about my TOP 10 favorite things about Fall. This is actually a re-posting from last year... But, reading over the list--I think it's still pretty much the same.
Seriously, I know Spring should be my favorite season...But, Fall wins every single year. I just love it!
Do you have any of the same TOP 10?
1. The clothes, oh the clothes. Sorry to start out so shallow, but it's true. I just love the deep colors, the soft fabrics, the layering, and how you can throw on jeans and a sweater--and look cute! You can't get the same cuteness factor with shorts and t-shirts, no siree, you cannot. (Well, unless you're a jogger--but then you're too cute, and I don't like you. Okay, okay, except Susan. And my cousin Becky. I like both of you in spite of your jogging cuteness, and that's it. No one else. That I can think of. Except that this year, I need to update this, dangit. Several of my dang friends are now joggers, and okay, they're pretty cute, too! But NO. ONE. ELSE.)
2. I love how you can be non-committal with clothes in the Fall. Like capris--is it hot out, or cold? Doesn't matter--you're covered for either! 3/4 length sleeves--hot or cold? You are good to go.
3. Candy corn. Can I get an amen? And I mean The Real Stuff. That pale pink and green pastel corn in the Spring just doesn't do it for me like the real orange and yellow does. Also, sorry to be a snob, but please do not buy me cost-cutter candy corn. My favorite brother-in-law would call that "bandy born" or "dandy dorn." I just want Brach's, and that's all.
Oh, and please tell me you already know about my FAVORITE fall snack made with candy corn and peanuts? I call it Payday mix!
4. The weather!!! If you don't just love the cool breezes and even the chilly evenings, then you are an old curmudgeon. Fall makes me want to take walks and sit on the front porch like no other season.
5. Friday night football!! Okay, I KNOW--my friends are snickering at me right now. But, I DO love Friday night football. Especially half-time, when the band comes out to play! I do not necessarily like the game of football, per se, but I just like the whole experience of a Friday night football game...the weather, the chit chatting with friends in the bleachers, the band, the flags, the nachos from the concession stand... Anybody with me here? (My brother is TOTALLY rolling his eyes at me right now.)
6. The starting up of school and activities. I am a girl who loves a good schedule. I don't necessarily like the busyness of doing too many activities...I just like our family being on a schedule every week.
7. The changing colors of the leaves. Sugar maple trees are my absolute favorite!!
8. Oh, all right, if you must know--the premieres of all the new seasons of television shows. However, I must admit, I barely even know what is coming on this year. What, with Lost and 24 being gone forever, what's a girl to watch?
9. I know that as a good Christian girl, I should not like Halloween. But, maybe it's the little girl still inside me, because I just love the idea of little kids dressing up in darling costumes, going up to a beloved neighbor's door, and shyly saying, "Trick or Treat" to get some yummy candy... Of course, when I see the teenagers--and ADULTS--dressed up in cheap, scary costumes, it just makes me MAD. As backwards as it sounds--Halloween should not be for creepy people. It should only be for cute, and nice little boys and girls.
10. Okay, we're all thinking it--the FOOD. When else can you eat caramel apples and not feel guilty? Oh, and homemade caramel? It was created for Fall. Apples picked right off the tree, and sliced up for a flaky crust apple pie. Or, an apple dumpling. Have any of you ever tasted a Silver Dollar City apple dumpling? Well, I am sorry for bringing it up if you have not. Cause they are divine. Warm apple cider on a chilly evening. Oh, and did I ever tell you that s'mores taste better in the Fall? Their oozy, gooey, melty warmness just tastes better when you are not sweating and swatting mosquitoes.
Okay, I'll stop with the Fall foods before I feel the need to go make myself a s'more in the microwave...