Last week, I wrote about some things I've never done. This time, I'd love to tell you about some crazy things I HAVE done...
1. I had a 12 lb. baby. Yes sirree, I sure did.
2. I have skied the Austrian Alps. Well, if you call that disaster of a day skiing...
3. I have taken the GRE. Hardest test I've ever taken. And dangit--I haven't done anything with it...yet... (Remember, I am the eternal optimist.)
4. I've ridden in the Goodyear Blimp. (I had a very cool grandmother)
5. I've gone sport diving for lobster. And caught some, too! It's one of my favorite things to do in the Florida Keys. (I also have a very cool uncle.)
6. I've broken my hip. Okay, really it was my pelvis. But, hip just sounds...so much less...weird. A horse threw me into a tree. I do believe that is a story for a blog post. It's quite dramatic.
7. I have fainted about 5 times in my life. (See #6 above.)
8. I've run a 5K. (aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!)
9. I've only graduated twice in my life. High school and college. Back when I was in school, we didn't graduate from every little grade. The teachers just said, "Move it, get on outta here, and don't come back, no moe no moe."
10. I graduated twice WITHOUT the use of computers. I took an MS-DOS computer class once late in college, and barely understood a word of it. My trusty Brother typewriter got me through.
11. I've been to New York at Christmas. Once, for a weekend. And it was wonderful. I'd love to go back...
12. I've been to jail. Oh, but only on a school field trip...
13. I've had 4 surgeries. Appendix, gall bladder, big baby, big baby. I'm not sure I have any more unnecessary organs. Oh, except my uterus, which is technically unnecessary to me now.
14. Speaking of the appendix, I have been to Disney World 3 days after having my appendix removed. Have you ever seen Disney World from a wheelchair? It is certainly the WAY to GO at Disney!
15. I have made a wedding cake for a friend--a simple 3-tiered one. It was the most stressful baking I've ever done. I didn't even go to the reception because I was too stressed it would fall over or suddenly combust or something. Did I mention my oven broke halfway through the baking? Yeah, it was quite a story.
16. I have stood in a long line at Target and waited--with a screaming toddler having a full-out tantrum. It felt like an hour, but was probably only 15 minutes. I would have removed that loudly screaming child from the store...but my older daughter really needed those tights for ballet class that afternoon.
17. I've had a screaming tantrum myself recently. Only, not at Target.
18. Once, while getting bored waiting on my husband in the gun section of a sporting goods store, I walked over to the clerk, and said, "I need a handgun with real stopping power. And I need it right away!" Oh, I just laughed and laughed at myself. I thought that was sooo funny.
19. I've done surgery on one of our dogs, and removed his vocal chords. Okay, I didn't really...but I WANT TO. RIGHT NOW. Stop. barking. dog. please. you're. driving. me. crazy!!!!
20. I had a mental block before a piano recital in high school one time...and had to re-start my song about 20 times before finally figuring it out. My brother and sister have fond memories...of crawling under their seats in embarrassment.
21. I was in the audience of the Oprah show once...and was crushed when it wasn't a Favorite Things episode... I did, however, get to see Paris and Nicky Hilton, Jessica Simpson and Nich Lachey, and Jamie Johnson of the Johnson & Johnson fortune.
22. I heard myself talk on the radio once...and wondered "WHO is that HICK???"
23. I rang in the new Millennium big and pregnant, and with a horrible respiratory virus. I almost wanted to die I felt so bad.
24. Back in my glory days I could swim 4 lengths of the pool with only 1 breath.
25. I fell in love with my husband while skunk hunting. Now--YOUR turn! Tell me some crazy things you've done!