I am 41-years-old, and these are some things I've never done...
1. I've never been to Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica, or South America. Well, now I'm depressed. That makes it sound like I've never been anywhere. Geez, I need to fly across the world more often. To everywhere--except Antarctica. No thank you.
2. I've never been to Tahiti, and stayed in those huts built over the water. But, I plan to. If the Kardashians can stay there, then so can I. After I become an oil heiress.
3. I've never swum with dolphins. But, I plan to do that, too. And I want to hold its dorsal fin, and let him pull me through the water.
4. I've never written a book. Unless you consider notebook paper stapled together--with a story about a poor little orphan girl--a book. Then, I've written a book. I've got a book inside me, but I'm not ready to write it yet. Plus, the time... Maybe when I'm staying in those water huts in Tahiti, swimming with dolphins off my deck...
5. I've never gotten a tattoo. Or even wanted one. However, I have been fascinated by the artistry on those "ink" t.v. shows. But, the idea of permanently marring my skin? No thanks.
6. I've never gotten in a fist fight. However, watching shows like Alias make me think I could give a mean karate chop, or swing my leg up and kick somebody in the nose. Probably, though...I'd just break my hand and slip and fall on the floor.
7. I've never been to California, unless you count LAX. That's just shameful. I want to travel to San Francisco, and travel down the entire coast.
8. I've never seen the Grand Canyon. But, honestly? I'd rather go to California.
9. I've never tiled a floor. However, I plan to learn how sometime in my future. I have a bathroom crying out for some tile.
10. I've never sung a solo in church. And I pray to God I never have to.
11. I've never eaten escargot or caviar or chitlins or monkey brains. And I'm okay with that.
12. I've never liked the taste of turnip greens or collard greens. However, I get to keep my Southern girl card because I love sweet tea and grits.
13. I've never smoked a cigarette. There was a time in college where I might have tried a puff, just to see what it was like...but I would have had to go buy a pack...and then I would have had to stop being a big ole' chicken...
14. I've never had a spotless house for more than 24 hours. Unless we were out-of-town.
15. I've never been able to make a decent fried egg or an omelet. And that fact frustrates me very much.
16. I've never hailed a taxi by standing on the curb, raising my arm, and shouting, "TAXI!!" I've raised my arm...but I've never gotten to shout. Dangit, I want to shout, "TAXI!!!"
17. I've never killed anyone. However, do not break into my house, and do not EVER mess with my daughters. Because I will not hesitate pulling the trigger.
18. I've never been to prison. And I sure hope never to go there.
19. I've never read the Bible from cover to cover. It was on my Turning 40 list...but, sadly, I didn't finish. Being the eternal optimist, I just know I will finish it...soon.
20. I've never been a spy, but I've watched enough shows and movies to think I'd be a good one. Except spies never seem scared of the bad guys. And I'm scairt 'a bad people.
21. I've never written comedy for David Letterman, or for a television sitcom. But, I think I'd like to.
22. I've never made creme brulee. And that's a crying shame.
23. I've never delivered a baby through the birth canal. And...thank goodness I didn't.
24. I've not lost my Southern accent. I sure hope I never do.
25. I've never had a mid-life crisis, and run away. But, if I ever do...you'll know where to find me...
What about you? What things have you never done?