I was inspired to spill my guts by Megan's confessions earlier today on Sorta Crunchy. I don't know...something about her confessions just made me feel more "normal"--and less like a crazy woman. Well, at least for the moment.
Speaking of which, I've had discussions lately with several friends about all the Perfect People on Facebook. Have you noticed the same thing? People whose status updates are always CHEERY! and FULL OF ALL THE AMAZING THINGS I'M DOING!
So, in light of those two things, I present to you some just-to-keep-me-honest confessions. I sure hope they help YOU feel more normal, and less crazy. Because compared to me--you probably ARE normal.
1. This is what our family desk looks like right now. I was going to try to describe it, and then I realized, "I'll just take a picture." Because--really--words could not do it justice.
2. I was trying to get my daughter into the doctor today, and when the nurse finally called us back at 3:45 to see if we could come in right away--my daughters and I were ALL still in our pajamas. That was one FAST shower. Also, when I looked into the mirror two hours later while waiting on my older daughter at dance, my hair looked FUNNY. Funny, as in unwashed and my cowlick was sticking up weird.
3. I sure hope I don't hurt any dogs' feelings...but frankly, I don't like boy dogs. I have always been a girl dog kind of a person. (HA!!! And I'm NOT calling myself a name here!!) Here is ONE reason I don't like boy dogs: When you babysit your parents' boy dog, sometimes he likes to hike his leg on my FURNITURE. UGH. How do you get him not to do this????
4. I used to make our bed every single day. But, for the last couple of months, I haven't. My husband and I were discussing this last week, and he suggested that maybe all of my former bed-making discipline is all used up on my daily jogging discipline. Strange theory, but it works for me.
5. I have eaten everything in sight today. Okay, I'll be honest--yesterday, too. I sure am hoping this is a hormonal occurrence, and not a new trend.
6. I feel just blah today. See #5 above.
7. My rings are getting looser on my fingers. They have been REALLY TIGHT for the last couple of years, but I was DETERMINED not to get them re-sized bigger. Ha! Take that, you silly rings that I used to have to spit on to get off...
8. I know I mentioned in an earlier post how I'd had a temper tantrum lately. Uhm, I wasn't kidding. And, just maybe I've had another one recently, too. It involved a family house-cleaning, some children who were not cooperating, and a doorknob that smacked the heck out of my head as I stood up--while vacuuming, no less. Needless to say...I have an appointment with my doctor...to talk about that "m" word, and the possibility of some happy medicine.
9. Last week, I forgot to brush my teeth one day. YUCK. I don't think I've forgotten to do that since I was a kid. (Remember, I'm a little OCD about certain things.) The bad thing is, that I realized it after I was heading out to lunch, and then carpooling for several hours. I didn't return home for HOURS. I probably chewed 4 pieces of gum that afternoon.
10. Are ya'll sick of all my crazy yet? Okay, here's one last one because I cannot bear to stop on an odd number... Some days, I am not a very good homeschooling mother. There are days...when I really don't CARE if my daughters understand their math or not. I just want the math to be O-VER. Thankfully, my OCD usually kicks in, and we finish the stinking subject.
Now, it's YOUR turn. What do you need to confess today?