Let's talk food today, shall we? One of my favorite subjects--and also the reason I had to take up running. *sigh*
I get asked frequently by guests my favorite restaurant recommendations. Just the other day I made a list for a family friend coming to town. I thought it would be fun to tell you about my top ten favorites--and to ask YOU about your favorites when you come to Branson.
If your answer is, "I've never been to Branson." I would ask--"WHY the heck NOT??" Branson is such a GREAT family vacation!
Come visit! And while you're here--here are some good vittles! (That's Branson-talk, for you tourists!)
All right, grab a snack...'cause this list is gonna put a hankerin' in ya...
1. Billy Gail's - They serve breakfast and lunch, but eat the breakfast--which is served all day! Hands down, this is the best Ozarks breakfast experience in town! Their pancakes are BIGGER than your plate! Expect to wait 20ish minutes for a table--but worth it! While you're waiting, you'll have time to explore the antique/thrift items for sale, and there's even an area with toys for kids!
Recently, I tried Billy Gail's "Sloppy Biscuit"--which happened to include all my breakfast favorites: biscuit, fried egg over medium, sausage, shredded hashbrowns, cheese, and GRAVY. It was AMAZING!!!
2. The Keeter Center (located on the College of the Ozarks campus) - Their Sunday brunch is pricey, but AMAZING. Totally worth it for a special occasion! Reservations here are helpful--especially on a busy weekend. If you can't do the Sunday brunch, eat lunch or dinner there. I especially like eating there when I want a quiet, non-hurried meal. Chef Stricklin's menu is creative, and is focused on using fresh, local ingredients.
3. Big Cedar Lodge- Devil's Pool Restaurant--For several years, this was my go-to place for our anniversary dinner--I'd like the prime rib with horseradish sauce, please! Mmm, melt in your mouth good! Reservations are nice, but not required. LOVELY rustic atmosphere and totally worth the drive. Be sure to walk around Big Cedar's grounds, and check out the interesting gift shop.
4. Danna's BBQ - My FAVORITE BBQ in town!!! And maybe in the whole wide world! There are 3 locations--and all 3 share the same yummy menu--but our family prefers the out-of-the-busy-traffic one in Kirbyville. Their burgers are the amazing old-fashioned kind that require a couple of napkins. I'm kind of in love with their stuffed baked potato with pulled pork. Plus, they serve Coke in a styrofoam cup: pure perfection.
5. Cantina Laredo - Really wonderful and fresh Mexican food on The Branson Landing. Get the Top Shelf guacamole, made fresh at your table. My husband and I love sharing the Botanas Platter as our entree, and saving room for an ice cream dessert (see #10 below!)
6. The Dixie Stampede- This is always in our TOP 5 fun things to do in Branson that we suggest to our guests. It combines a GREAT meal and a very entertaining show--all into one AMAZING experience! Mmm, my stomach is growling right now just thinking about their yummy food.
7. Billy Bob's Dairyland- Great place for an old fashioned burger and milkshake. It's a small diner, but so fun with its 50's decor! In my humble opinion, this is the best burger in Branson--with Danna's being a VERY CLOSE 2nd.
8. Panera bread- I know this is a chain, but it really is a great place for wonderful, fresh food--especially if you're in a bit of a hurry. They serve great salads, sandwiches, soups, and bread! Currently, my favorites are the Asian Sesame Chicken Salad and the Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich.
9. Vasken's Deli- This is a local hangout, and a local's well-kept secret! They serve wonderful Greek/Mediterranean sandwiches and salads. The chicken gyro (and add the olive relish!) is my favorite!
10. Cold Stone - What would a list of restaurants be without DESSERT??? Boring, is what that would be! We absolutely love the friendly and fun atmosphere at Cold Stone. My current favorite is chocolate ice cream with chocolate shavings--in a waffle bowl, please!
There ya have it! My TOP TEN favorite places to eat in Branson.
Want MORE Branson recommendations? I have a whole category dedicated to Branson Fun: What Happens in Branson...is Fun!
Now--what are some of YOUR favorite places to eat?