In lieu of a well-planned, and thoughtful post on a mentally stimulating topic...you know--how ALL my posts usually are...I am going to shoot ya some truth today. Mostly, because it's late, and I have a little one that won't quit asking me questions until I physically remove her from the room ask her sweetly one more time to GO. TO. BED.
Plus, I just love it when people are real with me. So, I am going to be real with you today. Unlike other days, when I am unreal.
1. I didn't drink a Coke today. Well, until 4pm, when it felt like an emergency for me to have one. My Coke drinking got a little ridiculous towards the end of summer camp (not unusual), so I decided to slow down on my intake for a while. (Could I get any more non-committal??? At least I am self-aware. Right?)
2. I am feeling really good about Rebecca's experiences so far at the junior high. She is making new friends, and generally enjoying her time there. She's not real thrilled about having to wake up early every day...but, then, neither is her mother. *grin*
3. On the other hand, with homeschooling Sara Beth, I am experiencing what I experience EVERY YEAR with homeschooling: PANIC. Can I really do this again? I just today received most of her new curriculum, and I feel unprepared and un-organized. I am feeling at a total loss with helping her figure out spelling and handwriting. I researched a TON, and bought curriculum that I think will help...but, again--PANIC.
4. I do believe I have a pair of big girl panties in a drawer, and I am going to pull them on, take a deep breath, and do my very, very best for Sara Beth this year. And, some days, that is going to require a good stiff Coke to accomplish that. (See #1 above)
5. I made some Mini Caramel Brownie Bites for a sweet friend today. Usually, I struggle getting these brownies perfectly out of the mini muffin pan, so I had the BRIGHT IDEA to use mini cupcake papers. Bad, with a capital B. Idea. Half the brownie sticks to the paper. Excuse me while I chew on some brownie wrappers... Dangit.
6. I got my hair cut last week. And it's SHORT!!! Just-under-the-ears kind of short! Have I mentioned here that I have hair fixing issues? Unlike Annelle, I do not have the ability to do good hair. I have 2 friends who are doing some round-brush blowdryer counseling with me, and I may even need an intervention. But, little by little, I am figuring out how to fix my hairs. When I am learnt better how to fix it where it doesn't look like a brown football helmet, I will post a picture.
Well, good gravy dee! Have I chattered on enough today? Can you HANDLE the truth? (Name that movie)
What's YOUR truth today?