1. Watching tourists walk around our downtown. I love seeing their smiles, their hand-holding, and their leisurely pace. Seeing them always reminds me to slow down, and enjoy more.
2. When I hear my daughters' voices singing beside me at church.
3. When I see someone walking a dog in a park, and having to pick up the (eek! fresh!) doggie poo. (I'm sorry--I'm just being honest here. I freely admit that my humor is on a junior high level.)
4. When someone else's baby is screaming at the top of her lungs in Target. Because I have BEEN THERE. A LOT. I usually try to give the frazzled mom an empathetic smile that says, "Hang in there, mama. This phase will pass soon."
5. When the "Hot Now" sign is lit at Krispy Kreme
6. I smile even bigger when my husband turns the car into the parking lot.
7. When I see an elderly couple holding hands tenderly. Even better when he's holding her pocketbook.
8. I also smile when I see an elderly man with a comb-over.
9. Men with mullets also make me smile. And I have to say--there are some mighty impressive mullets that come through our town.
10. Groups of older women walking down the beach together. There's nothing better than lifelong friendships.
11. When my junior high daughter reaches out to hold my hand
12. Miniature-sized things
13. When I see the verification phrase: "Prove that you're not a robot"
14. When I get a new text notification
15. When I see my husband snuggling with our daughters at bedtime, and telling them his Little Mouse stories.
16. "Welcome to Florida" signs
17. Whenever we sing some of my old favorites at church: Amazing Grace, Holy Holy Holy...and because of my 3rd grade Sunday School class--a rousing rendition of He Lives.
18. Any Napoleon Dynamite quote
19. Fresh falling snow
20. People who comment! :-)
Now it's YOUR turn! What makes YOU SMILE?