1. Sleeping with open windows - I forgot how MUCH I like sleeping with open windows when the temperatures drop...until I opened our bedroom windows that first night. I love snuggling beneath my comforter in the chilly air, and I love hearing the wind blow through the trees. Let's just face it: I love fall.
2. Making sweet rolls in my waffle maker
- Has anyone else tried this Pinterest trick? I finally got around to trying it out, and I LOVE the results! Such a fun--and quick--way to make breakfast.
3. Elvis cake - Oh. My. Hound. Dog. is this ever some good cake! A friend made one for Dave's big 50th birthday, and I gotta tell ya--I'm all shook up over it...especially since I just can't help believin' that I don't have any more pieces of its sugary goodness. Thank ya, thank ya very much, Pinterest!
4. A cool shower after a (very) sweaty run - I must confess...that the Netflix and I are running on the treadmill lately, and that equals a very sweaty run. Shoo-ee, that cool shower show does feel good. (Name that Hillbilly)
5. A cold G2 after a run. Perfection! - Oh my heavenly drink! Have ya'll tried G2? It is Gatorade's low-calorie electrolyte drink. After a long run, an ice-cold G2 is even better than Coca-Cola!
6. Wearing my favorite hot pink jacket on cool mornings - Nothing says "happy jacket" like stretchy spandex, good pockets, and a happy pink color!
7. Crockpot cooking - Mmm! I love it when it's Chicken and Noodles weather (How's Yer Whatachicken?) And chili weather. And potato soup weather. And taco soup weather. And...well, you get the idea.
8. Shopping the book aisle at Target...and making purchases!! - I just bought 3 new books, and can't wait to crack them open! I'll tell you all about them soon! But, first--I have to finish The Maze Runner.
9. Laid back days that don't feel like we're running at break-neck speed - With Rebecca in junior high, and Sara Beth doing school only at home this year, our days are MUCH more laid back. I didn't realize just how crazed and stressed I was last year. This year, Sara Beth and I are taking our time, enjoying reading together on the couch, doing lots of movement and activity while learning, and even taking spontaneous field trips. These kind of days are exactly what I love about homeschooling. Not the long to-do list getting checked off, but having the luxury to follow the learning spark, in whichever direction it leads everyday.
10. Small Group study - Our small group at church just started a new study about marriage, Sacred Marriage. Whoa. We've only done the first week, and already it has resonated deeply with me--and for Dave, too. The whole premise of the book turns e-ver-y-thing the world tells us about romance and love, upside down. And so far--it makes a heck of a lot of sense!
What are YOU into right now?